SCHLOTZSKY’S® ADDS SEVEN NEW HAND-CRAFTED SPECIALTY SANDWICHES TO MENUS NATIONWIDE
Now available at all Schlotzsky’s restaurants, new sandwiches offer bold flavor
March 28, 2016
Each unique, hand-crafted sandwich offers bold flavors and features fresh, high-quality ingredients such as vine-ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced meats, caramelized onions, roasted red bell peppers and rich, melted cheeses piled high on the brand’s signature freshly-baked bread. With seven unique recipes, including one vegetarian option, Schlotzsky’s is offering something new to satisfy every craving.
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese – Melted Muenster, Parmesan, Provolone and Swiss, layered with crisp, smoked bacon strips, avocado and vine-ripe tomatoes – served oven-baked on a Soft Pretzel Roll. Served with our creamy Tuscan Tomato-Basil soup for dipping.
- Caprese – Basil pesto, mozzarella, basil, mayonnaise, drizzled with balsamic glaze and topped with mixed field greens and a combination of fresh and oven-roasted tomatoes. Served on our crusty, toasted Artisan Ciabatta.
- French Dip – Shaved Angus roast beef topped with a trio of melted Muenster, Provolone and Swiss Cheeses and rich, caramelized onions -- served oven-baked on a Soft Pretzel Roll, with a hearty French Onion Jus for dipping.
- Sicilian – We layer our Toasted Ciabatta with thinly-sliced ham, pepperoni, cotto and genoa salami, topped with melted provolone, roasted red bell pepper, marinated olive blend, red onion, mixed field greens and ripe tomatoes.
- Tuscan – Hand carved roasted turkey with melty pepper jack cheese, fresh tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, mixed field greens, bacon, cilantro, chipotle mayonnaise and avocado.
- Chicken Bacon Smokecheesy – Oven roasted chicken breast, sliced thin and piled high on our Fresh-from-Scratch® Sourdough Bun. Toasted to perfection and topped with melted smoked cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, chipotle mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and red onion.
- Beef Bacon Smokecheesy – Our toasted, Fresh-from-scratch® Sourdough bun is piled high with shaved Angus Roast Beef, melted Smoked Cheddar Cheese, crisp bacon, and mild Chipotle mayonnaise.
“We know our guests are adventurous eaters who constantly seek out fresh new flavors to liven up mealtime, and we can’t wait for them to try these new hand-crafted sandwiches we’ve cooked up,” said Schlotzsky’s President Kelly Roddy. “Our Specialty Sandwiches offer such diverse flavor profiles and unique ingredient combinations that we’re certain Schlotzsky’s lovers will agree that these new additions please all tastes and preferences.”
The launch of the new sandwiches also marks a continuation of Schlotzsky’s partnership with Auntie Anne’s®, the world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel franchise, which was initiated last year with the addition of the Pretzel Dippers Limited Time Offer at Schlotzsky’s. Two of the new Specialty Sandwiches, Ultimate Grilled Cheese and French Dip, are served on an Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzel Roll.
Schlotzsky’s is a fast-casual restaurant franchise that started in 1971 and is home to The Original® oven-baked sandwich. The brand started in Austin, Texas and the made to order menu options still include bold flavors and fresh ingredients – all inspired by the food scene in Austin. All 350 restaurants are serving delicious hot sandwiches on sourdough buns baked fresh each day, Macs, Artisan flatbreads, specialty pizzas and fresh salads. Plus, many of our locations offer Cinnabon’s warm, homemade treats. Check us out online at schlotzskys.com to find a store near you and then connect with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.