2017 Bun Run® T-Shirt Design Competition
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These are the Official Rules for the Schlotzsky’s® 2017 Bun Run® T-Shirt Design Contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by Schlotzsky’s Franchise LLC (“Sponsor”). Internet access required.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 13 years of age or older as of entry date. Persons under the age of majority in the state where they reside at the time they enter will need parental consent to enter and participate in this Contest. All employees of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, franchisees and subsidiaries, and the immediate families and household members of each, are not eligible to enter or win.
- ENTRY: To enter the Contest, you must submit your original design at bunrun.com and complete the Official Entry Form (the “Entry”). All designs must comply with the requirements of Section 3 (Format for Designs) below. DO NOT email, send, or deliver Entries to any Schlotzsky’s restaurants. All contest Entries must be submitted by June 30, 2017. LIMIT: one Entry, and up to three designs, per person, and multiple designs must be submitted together. If Sponsor receives multiple designs that are not submitted together, Sponsor will only consider the first design received. Incomplete or illegible Entries, or Entries without a signature, will not be honored. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect Entries. All entries and designs become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants agree to and understand that each Entry will be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on the Internet. Whether or not an Entry is posted on the Internet, Sponsor does not covenant or guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Entry.
- FORMAT FOR DESIGNS: All designs must be submitted in hi resolution .pdf format (.eps or .png if chosen for final t-shirt design). Designs must be executed in one of the following color media: color markers, paint, color pencils, inks, chalks or crayons. Designs may be hand-drawn or designed on a computer, but “clip art” is not allowed. Designs should measure 12" x 12". Designs should include the race title, “Schlotzsky’s Bun Run 2017”, located at the top of the design. The word “Schlotzsky’s” should be at least 2" high. An Official Entry Form must be submitted with each design. DO NOT affix the entry form to artwork and DO NOT write on front or back of artwork. Color copies of original designs will be accepted.
- SOURCE OF DESIGNS: All designs must be entrant’s original work and not copied from any third party work, must not have been entered in any other competition and must not violate the copyrights or other rights of other parties. Designs may not be derogatory, offensive or defamatory, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion.
- JUDGING: This is a skill-based contest consisting of two phases. In the first phase, a panel of judges consisting of representatives of Sponsor will select five (5) finalists from all designs submitted based on the following criteria: (a) the originality and creativity of design, (b) the quality of the artwork; and (c) the degree to which the design best exemplifies the Schlotzsky’s brand and spirit of the Bun Run®. The decisions of the judges are final. Judging will be conducted on or about July 5, 2017.
- VOTING PHASE: In the second phase, the five (5) finalists will have their designs posted on Sponsor’s website at www.bunrun.com. The public will be able to vote on their favorite designs starting 12:00 p.m., CST, on July 10, 2017 and ending on 5:00 p.m., CST, on August 13, 2017 (“Voting Period”). The Grand Prize winner will be the person who gets the most votes during the Voting Period. Only one vote per person. Finalists may not vote on their own entry. Use of false names, false email addresses, and any script or other automated means of submitting multiple votes is strictly prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any votes that are fraudulent or otherwise violate these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest and have the panel select the Grand Prize winner. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
- PRIZE(S): The Grand Prize winner will receive a check in the amount of $1,000 and will have his/her design reproduced on the 2017 Schlotzsky’s Bun Run T-Shirts. Other logos may be included and located at Sponsor’s discretion. The other four (4) finalists will each receive a check in the amount of $100. No prize substitution allowed by winner(s). Prize(s) are not transferable. Taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Sponsor may issue a 1099 tax form for the Grand Prize winner for the value of the prize. The Grand Prize winner and each finalist will be notified by mail, email or phone and will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (if such winner is a minor, then the parent or legal guardian must execute the Release) within seven (7) days of the date the notice was sent or the prize will be forfeited. If a prize, prize notification or attempted notification is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. One prize per person. Total approximate retail value of all prizes awarded during the Contest Period is $1,400.00.
- OWNERSHIP/RIGHT TO USE DESIGN: Each entrant agrees that Sponsor shall own and have full, complete and unrestricted perpetual worldwide rights, with full right to sublicense, to copy, modify, distribute, publish, display and otherwise use, in whole or in part, any design, copyrighted or copyrightable materials that is submitted by entrant, in any manner or media, whether now known or hereafter developed, without further compensation or obligation to the entrant.
- RELEASE/PERMISSION: By entering, entrants agree to: (1) release the Sponsor, its subsidiary, affiliated and related companies, and franchisees, and any of their employees, officers, members, directors and agents from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from their participation in the Contest and the acceptance, possession and use/misuse of any prize; (2) be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges; and (3) be contacted by email, phone or mail. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation in all media worldwide.
- GENERAL: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The invalidity or enforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the Official Rules which will become effective upon announcement. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Georgia and all claims relating to or arising from the Sweepstakes must be resolved in the state and federal courts of the State of Georgia.
- TRADEMARKS: Schlotzsky’s® and Bun Run® and associated logos and designs are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Schlotzsky’s Franchise LLC. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
- WINNER(S) LIST: For a copy of the winner’s list, send in a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope to: Winner’s List, Schlotzsky’s 2017 Bun Run T-Shirt Design Competition, 5620 Glenridge Drive NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342. Requests must be received by September 30, 2017.
- SPONSOR: SCHLOTZSKY’S FRANCHISE LLC, 5620 Glenridge Drive NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342.